MD 201 “Mini” Convention to go ahead in Melbourne 14-15 May
It is with considerable pleasure that the Lions Australia National Council has endorsed a proposal to hold a Mini-Convention in Melbourne on the weekend of 14-15 May 2022. We are so excited to be able to get together!
We were all disappointed that we needed to cancel the Perth Convention due to uncertainty about interstate travel. Although it is not possible to convene a full Convention at short notice, the Council was keen to bring together Lions from around Australia for fun, fellowship and inspiration at a short weekend Convention.
This Convention will be about great keynote speakers, hospitality and experiencing some exciting and entertaining presentations including…
- The National finals of our Leo of the Year competition with entertaining speeches from our talented and community-spirited young people.
- The National finals of our Youth of the Year competition – always a highlight!
- Remembrance Ceremony where we can pay our respects to those Lions who have left for higher service.
- Celebrating our two big anniversaries! 60 years of Lions in Western Australia and 75 years of Lions in Australia.
- The chance to enjoy fellowship and a few laughs with Lions with informal drinks following the Saturday program.
- Experience the hospitality of Melbourne with your District colleagues for drinks and perhaps dinner on Saturday night.
More details of the program will be released in the coming weeks including our keynote speakers and officials. A link to our draft program is posted here.
This year, our Notices of Motion and the election of International Director candidates will be conducted remotely by online voting to ensure that travel restrictions do not affect our Lions ability to participate. Further details will be advised in the coming weeks.
The Convention will be held in the Crown Conference Centre adjacent to the Crown Promenade Hotel, in the heart of the beautiful city of Melbourne. The venue is only a short ride from Melbourne Airport using the airport bus or by taxi, and for those drivers, the adjacent multi-level car park is very affordable at less than $20 per day.
For simplicity, when you register you can purchase vouchers for coffee and tea during the Convention, and there is a myriad of restaurants and cafés within a short walking distance for lunches.
Please note that Crown requires all attendees over the age of 16 years old who visit any Crown Premises in Australia are Fully Vaccinated – Read Crown Covid-19 Vaccination Policy here
What do I do to register?
Registration is open now via the online shop! – Click here
Registration is free, however you do have the option to purchase a discount coffee voucher to use over the weekend that entitles you to 6 coffees (or teas) for $20.
The venue is strictly limited to 750 guests, so please register early to ensure you can book your seat!
It’s been a long year for all of us and it will be wonderful to catch up with all our Lions friends and celebrate our 75th Anniversary!
Stay tuned to our Newsletter, website and Facebook page for more information.
Looking forward to seeing you in Melbourne!