Jon Dee | National Tree Day Co-founder
The environment has been a passion for Jon Dee for decades. He’s a good friend of Lions Australia and epitomises the spirit of our You Can Too campaign. We’re not sure we have enough space to list Jon Dee’s many achievements, but here’s just a few:
- Co-founder Planet Ark and Do Something
- Co-founder National Tree Day
- NSW Australian of the Year 2010
- Jon launched campaigns in Australia to phase out incandescent light bulbs and to remove phosphates from laundry detergents. He also worked on Australia’s first plastic bag ban in Coles Bay in Tasmania.
- He’s a highly regarded speaker in Australia and internationally on efficiency and sustainability.