Do you have a passion for Lions?
Do you believe that the way to growth and success for Lions in Australia is through the creation of new, diverse and innovative Lions Clubs?
Are you the sort of person that can bring a team together, share success and build harmony?
Is Lions fun for you and do you want to share it with others?
Delegates voting before the Lions Mini-Convention in Melbourne, endorsed the proposal for a Club Building Initiative.
We are looking for a group of Lions that are prepared to build a new wave of Lions Clubs throughout Australia to support our communities for the next 75 years. This group knows that every Lions Club needs to find its own way within our ethical framework, with like-minded members and a passion for our humanitarian causes.
How will it work?
- Lions Australia is seeking two Lions from each District to join the Club Building Committee.
- The Committee will generally meet by teleconference and will be supported by voluntary donations from Lions Clubs.
- The Committee will set its own agenda – a true, grass-roots member committee. It has a mandate to seek out communities that need new Lions Clubs – a mandate from our Convention.
This can include:
- New specialty clubs
- Clubs in new communities
- Clubs to replace retiring clubs
- Club Branches
- The role of the Committee is to:
- Identify towns and cities that need a service club;
- Consult with the District Governor;
- Identify a sponsor club;
- Research the history, culture, and issues in the town to identify relevant matters connected to Lions International Global causes;
- Send out letters or other communication to groups to attend a formation workshop;
- Conduct the information workshop for prospective members including identifying the cause to be pursued;
- Monitor progress within the District and alert the Multiple District GAT to the need for support and resources to improve the Club building strategy.
Membership Growth is vital to our Association. To enable us to continue to serve the community in our 75th year and beyond, it is important we have the resources to be able to do that. Across Multiple District 201 membership has been in decline for the past 11 years and we need every member, every Club and every District to place a focus on membership growth so that we can continue to serve our community with the current projects and services we are renowned for, as well as our future endeavours.
The next step
If you are interested in being a part of this new initiative, join us for a webinar/information meeting to find out more. Council is calling for nominations for appointment to the Committee in September 2022.
Register for the information webinar: – 7:30pm Thursday 16 June 2022
Click to register – https://lionsaustralia.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_rG5TbDxLQkK7H7UYRergyA
For a printable version of this information – Click here