Lions Clubs mobilise for bushfire relief!Posted on Nov 12th 2019 by Rob Oerlemans in Media Releases, News, News - 0 Comments
- Lions Clubs across Australia are rallying together to support those impacted from fires
- Australian Lions Foundation is asking for Australia’s help in supporting communities affected by the bushfires
- When disaster
Australian Lions Hearing Dogs celebrates delivery of 600th dogPosted on Oct 2nd 2019 by Rob Oerlemans in Media Releases, News - 0 Comments
- Australian Lions Hearing Dogs will celebrate the delivery of its 600th dog in October
- Deafness is an epidemic in Australia with over 400,000 people suffering in silence
- With one
Governor-General announced as patron of Lions AustraliaPosted on Sep 25th 2019 by Elise Murrell in Media Releases, News - 0 Comments Governor-General announced as patron of Lions Australia
- Lions Australia welcomes Governor-General His Excellency the Honourable General David Hurley and his wife Linda Hurley as patrons
- Since the first club was
Lions Australia to “Lap the Map” for DiabetesPosted on Sep 24th 2019 by Elise Murrell in Health, Media Releases - 0 Comments
- Across Australia over 1.3 million people have diabetes and 283 people are diagnosed every day
- Lions Clubs across Australia will be holding a range of fundraisers and family friendly healthy
Lions on a mission to break a world record raising funds for Childhood Cancer ResearchPosted on Aug 30th 2019 by Rob Oerlemans in Current Initiatives, Media Releases, News - 0 Comments
- In recognition of Childhood Cancer Awareness Month in September, Lions are encouraging Australia to support Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Foundation
- Lions attempting to break the world record for ‘Longest
Lions New VoicesPosted on May 23rd 2019 by lionspr in Current Initiatives, Media Releases, News - 0 Comments
- Lions New Voices celebrates women’s contributions to Lions Clubs International.
- This initiative promotes gender parity by focusing on increasing the number of women in Lions Clubs, as well as closing
Lions and Medical ResearchPosted on May 13th 2019 by lionspr in Australian Lions Foundation, Health, Media Releases, News, News - 0 Comments
- Lions Australia raises millions of dollars each year for medical research programs.
- 20 May is International Clinical Trials Day.
- Scottish doctor James Lind is considered to have conducted the
2019 Lions Youth of the YearPosted on May 9th 2019 by lionspr in Conventions, Media Releases, News, News, Youth - 0 Comments
- The 2019 Lions Youth of the Year is Hannah Bowden from WA! Congratulations, Hannah!
Australian Lions Foundation provides relief to flood-stricken TownsvillePosted on Feb 11th 2019 by lionspr in Australian Lions Foundation, Emergency, Media Releases, News, News, Uncategorized - 0 Comments
- Australian Lions Foundation has already provided $100,000 to Townsville and is asking for Australia’s help in supporting communities affected by floods in North Queensland
- When disaster strikes Australian Lions Foundation
MEDIA RELEASE | TRANSPLANTATION BREAKTHROUGHPosted on Jan 24th 2019 by lionspr in Media Releases, News, Uncategorized - 0 Comments
An Australian medical discovery involving teams from Perth’s Lions Eye Institute has made a major breakthrough in controlling infections in organ and bone marrow transplant recipients.
- The latest research breakthrough