Did you know?
There are many foundations, fundraising programs and campaigns operated by Lions in the health sector that are improving the lives of people both in Australia and overseas. From helping to fund the invention of the Bionic Ear and the development of the Gardasil vaccine to protect against cervical cancer, to encouraging Fred Hollows to establish his life-changing sight-saving program, Lions are making a difference to millions of peoples health and well-being.Read More
From cyclones to bushfires, floods, storms and drought, wherever there are natural disasters, Lions are there to provide support and relief to our communities. The Australian Lions Foundation is our primary fundraising body and to date, has provided more than $134 million in relief funding and community grants.Read More
Lions Clubs raise millions of dollars each year and provide hundreds of thousands of donated working hours to support environmental projects throughout local Australian communities. From tree planting programs to funding and installation of new parks and environmental services, Lions provide an almost unlimited choice of environmental programs you can get involved in.Read More
Lions youth programs are designed to foster the development of young adults, instill good leadership fundamentals, raise awareness of the community service ethos amongst young people and promote awareness and understanding of other cultures. Our key programs include: Youth of the Year, International Youth Exchange Program and Leo Youth Clubs.Read More
Making the world a better place for us and future generations starts at home in our local community. Lions recognise that when we work together, we can achieve bigger goals. One of the main ways we do this is by helping to improve the facilities and services available in our local communities. Throughout Australian towns and cities you’ll find an array of Lions-funded projects that help make the places we live more liveable and enjoyable for everyone.Read More
Lions has a long history of supporting Medical Research and Treatment programs throughout Australia that have included numerous breakthroughs such as the development of the cervical cancer vaccine and new advances in diabetes and autism management programs. Our core focus areas include: Prostate Cancer Research and Treatment, Childhood Cancer Research and Treatment, Stem Cell Research and Treatment, Children’s Mobility, Drug Awareness and other childhood health conditions.Read More
What can your club do on Lions Awareness Day?
Not sure how your club can get involved on Lions Awareness Day? Here are some suggestions:
- Set up an information stall at your local markets or shopping centre.
- Organise a meet and greet at a popular location within your community. Provide a free lunch or breakfast to draw in the crowds.
- Invite members of the community to view and learn about one of your recent community projects.
- For more tips on hosting your event, please visit this page.
- Download our free Lions Awareness Day resources here.
– Take along plenty of Lions promotional materials to hand out. If you haven’t managed to get your hands on them, they are available on the Clubs Supplies Website.
– Take lots of photos (and then send them to us – email@example.com). Make sure you get lots of smiling faces and Lions branding in the shots!
Information for Media
READ MEDIA RELEASE HERE. For media enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 4940 8033.