The Goal and Role of Australian Honours Advisory Committee are to increase the number and level of recognition of deserving Australians receiving the Order of Australia Awards.
- To promote the Order of Australia Awards System throughout the Multiple District as an appropriate way to obtain community recognition of the outstanding service.
- To receive, analyse and give advice on nominations submitted by Lions Clubs or District Cabinets in MD201.
- To develop and distribute to Lions Clubs, on request, a guide to the preparation of nominations.
- To review, and as requested, assist in the preparation of submissions for individuals supported by the MD201 Council.
- To encourage Lions Clubs and Districts to use the Advisory Body to nominate individuals for awards.
The Its an Honour website maintains a current page of frequently asked questions to assist you. You may visit the page at this link. http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/faqs.cfm
|Lions Order Of Australia RecipientsUp to 05/02/2015|
|Centenary Medal RecipientsUp to 15/08/2013|
|Selected Biographies 2006 – 2015File Size is 603 KB. These pages list many of the Lions who received Australia Day Honours since 2007 and Queen’s Birthday Honours since 2006 until Feb 2014. If you are, or know of a Lion who has received one of these honours, and your name is not here, please contact PDG Doug Omond – firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Background Speeches (2004)|
|Please find below copies of two speeches, as background information on the Australian Honours System.|
|Speech 1 File size is 163KB, Mr Whitlam’s Speech to the Order of Australia Association, South Australian Branch May 3rd 1983|
|Speech 2 File size is 51 KB. Mr Malcolm Hazell, CVO, on “the Australian Honours System” 23 March 2004|
|Speech 3 File size is 40 KB. Sir David Smith, KCVO, AO, on “The Order of Australia: In the Beginning” 19 October 2004|
Contacts to enquire on any matter related to this Advisory Body:
Doug Omond email@example.com (m) 0412-711-522; (h) 08-8239-0203; Skype: doug.omond2
Bob Coulthard firstname.lastname@example.org (h) 08-8278-2700
Noel Smith email@example.com (m) 0414-653-780