The Goal and Role of Australian Honours Advisory Committee are to increase the number and level of recognition of deserving Australians receiving the Order of Australia Awards.
- To promote the Order of Australia Awards System throughout the Multiple District as an appropriate way to obtain community recognition of the outstanding service.
- To receive, analyse and give advice on nominations submitted by Lions Clubs or District Cabinets in MD201.
- To develop and distribute to Lions Clubs, on request, a guide to the preparation of nominations.
- To review, and as requested, assist in the preparation of submissions for individuals supported by the MD201 Council.
- To encourage Lions Clubs and Districts to use the Advisory Body to nominate individuals for awards.
The Its an Honour website maintains a current page of frequently asked questions to assist you. You may visit the page at this link. http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/faqs.cfm
|Lions Order Of Australia RecipientsUp to 05/02/2015|
|Centenary Medal RecipientsUp to 15/08/2013|
|Selected Biographies 2006 – 2015File Size is 603 KB. These pages list many of the Lions who received Australia Day Honours since 2007 and Queen’s Birthday Honours since 2006 until Feb 2014.|
|Background Speeches (2004)|
|Please find below copies of two speeches, as background information on the Australian Honours System.|
|Speech 1 File size is 163KB, Mr Whitlam’s Speech to the Order of Australia Association, South Australian Branch May 3rd 1983|
|Speech 2 File size is 51 KB. Mr Malcolm Hazell, CVO, on “the Australian Honours System” 23 March 2004|
|Speech 3 File size is 40 KB. Sir David Smith, KCVO, AO, on “The Order of Australia: In the Beginning” 19 October 2004|
Contacts to enquire on any matter related to this Advisory Body:
Bob Coulthard firstname.lastname@example.org (h) 08-8278-2700
Noel Smith email@example.com (m) 0414-653-780