PDG Lesley Lyons
8 Bullen Circuit, Forest Lake Qld 4078
Mobile: 0419 796 022
Glenn is a charter member of the Lions Club of Bute and District (C1) with 39 years membership to his credit and is a life member of the International Association. He has held many various positions at Club level (including President four times), and at District level (including Youth of the Year Chairman, Zone Chairman, Region Chairman, ALF Chairman, Vice District Governor and District Governor). Glenn has been a member of two M.D. Convention committee’s and four District Convention Committees, once as Convention Chairman.
Glenn has served as a Foundation Trustee representing “C” Districts for nine years with the added responsibility of being the Awards Chairman until May 2012 and is currently the Foundation’s Chairman. Glenn’s working life has been spent in rural and engineering occupations and he has qualifications in these areas. He currently operates his own (along with his son Kerran, who is also a member of Bute Lions Club) rural and general engineering and manufacturing businesses, Riteway Farming Australia and Wallaroo Metal Fabricators.
Glenn is a keen sportsperson, having been an Athlete, played football, tennis, cricket, basketball and golf competitively and is now a keen lawn bowler. Glenn is married to Lions Lady Helen and they have 3 children and 5 grandchildren.
PCC Ian Kelly
Ian is a member of the Lions Club of Mandurah and has accumulated 41 years membership in Lions Clubs. Ian has held a number of positions at Club level (including President twice and Secretary twice). At District level he has held numerous positions including District Governor, Chairman of two District Conventions, Chairman of the Lions Dryandra Woodlands Village and Chairman of the Lions Hearing Foundation.
At the MD level, Ian has served as MD Council Chairman, Lion Mint Chairman, and a member of the Marketing Committee. Ian was elected as the W Districts Trustee at the Foundation’s May 2010 AGM. Ian is now retired. He was initially employed in the Insurance Industry for 18 years, after which he became self-employed for the rest of his working life as a newsagent then in his own Commercial Office and Carpet Cleaning business.
Ken’s late father Fred was Charter VP of Cessnock Lions in 1953 (15th Club in Australian), and Ken attended his first Lions Meeting as a 6 year old – Cessnock Lions 1st Christmas Party (he received a gift from Santa and was hooked!)
Raised in a busy Lions family, Ken joined Cessnock Lions in his own right in 1980, after his marriage to Christine, and has served on Cessnock’s Board every year since (except his DG year), in all positions including 3x President, 3x Secretary, 5x Treasurer, Conv Treasurer & Conv Secretary. He first served on District Cabinet in 1984 as ZC, and since then has served more than 23+ District Cabinets and held all senior District Executive and Administrative Offices – including DG (2006/07), Lt.Gov, DDG, ZC, Secretary, Treasurer, CBL, Leadership, and others. Ken is a former Councillor, and has many former and current non-Lions community involvements. He and Christine have 3 children and 2 young grandchildren, and since his retirement from the family business they subsist on their commercial rentals and investment income.
Ken was elected to the ALF Board of Trustees in May 2012, and is very proud and humble to now be able to further serve Lions through ALF.
Tony is a member of the Lions Club of South Vermont (V5) with 29 years membership. He has held number of positions at Club level (including 3 terms as President), District level (including District Governor) and was MD201 Council Chairman for 2007/2008. Tony is also the current Constitutional Area Leader for the Global Leadership Team for CA7. He was elected V District’s Trustee at the Foundation’s AGM in 2008.
As well as his Trustee role, Tony also carries added responsibility and duties as our Promotions Chairman. Tony is a member of several professional associations and to date has accumulated 38 years in the banking industry where he has held various senior management positions. Tony and his Lions Lady Sue have 2 children.
David is a member of the Lions Club of Glenorchy City. Since joining in January 2001 David served as Club President 2 times, 1 term of Secretary, 3 terms as Treasurer and along with most other board positions David was also instrumental in the growth of the Glenorchy Leo Club along with 2 other Leo Clubs in the greater Hobart area.
At District Level David has served 2 years as Cabinet Secretary, 3 years as District MERL Chairman, 2 years as GMT Chairman, Graduate from the Faculty Development Institute along with New Club Development Consultant with Region and Zone Chair portfolios. David has a keen interest with many community activities, Chairmanship of 8 years the Glenorchy Christmas Carols Committee, assisting with the Australia Day Committee and previous to joining Lions an instructor for boat safety and licensing for the Volunteer Coastal Patrol.
His awards include Melvyn Jones Fellow, James D Richardson Award, and Tasmanian Lions Fellow, International presidents Leadership Medal, 2 Star Awards, DG Appreciation and Club Appreciation Awards. In 2009 David was awarded the Glenorchy Citizen of the Year award for services to Lions and Community. David is married to Lions Lady Carolyn and has 2 adult children and 2 grandchildren.
Six Trustees administer the Foundation and serve in a voluntary capacity. The Trustees meet regularly to conduct the business of the Foundation where they review, consider and make decisions on:
- Applications received for Grants Funds Assistance for various projects.
- A comprehensive set of current financial reports.
- The effectiveness of promotional and fundraising activities (all ‘in-house’) and consider new strategies.
- Reports from all Trustees and Sub Committees
- Current investments and investment strategy.
Between meetings, the Trustees are required to:
- Consider applications for Emergency Grants and to urgently provide funds to Clubs and Districts to promptly assist people affected by Storms, Floods, Bush Fires, Droughts, Earthquakes, etc.
- Investigate and review all Grant applications.
- Promote the objects of the Foundation to Lions Clubs and Districts.
- Maintain contact with District ALF Chairpersons
- Answer all enquiries regarding the Foundation.
- Carry out the duties of their specific ALF portfolios.
Further information can be obtained from the District ALF Chairperson or the ALF Trustee for your State.
Lions Foundation Trust Deed
- Provides help and assistance in all forms for public relief, emergency aid and community welfare for persons in necessitous circumstances in Australia.
- The Deed is funded by designated and undesignated Voluntary Gifts from Lions Clubs, Lions Districts and the Public and Interest from Designated Investment Funds as determined by the ALF Trustees from time to time.
- Gifts of Two Dollars ( $2.00 ) or more are Tax Deductible.
- Six Trustees representing each State/Territory manage the affairs of the Foundation. The Trustees meet four times per year to review all the affairs of the Foundation and to consider all applications for assistance that have been received since the previous Trustee Meeting.
- Clubs and Districts are encouraged to submit applications, [understanding that there is no guarantee of its success] to the Foundation for assistance for intended projects of any size. The Foundation does not provide complete funding for any project. The goal of the Foundation is to assist the applicant Club or District, [subject to Foundation Grant Guidelines and ALF funds available] if they do not have sufficient funds to carry out the project. The decisions of the Trustees are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Foundation makes Emergency Funds available to Clubs and Districts to immediately assist people affected by Earthquakes, Floods, Bush Fires, Droughts etc. The Foundation also assists the MD Council of Governors, when requested, to administer National and International Appeal Funds.
- Funding of the Australian Lions Foundation comes from gifts by Lions, Lioness and Leo Clubs, Zones and Districts, Individuals, Bequests and Interest Earned from Investments.
- The Australian Lions Foundation has an Award Program that Clubs and Districts can participate in by sending an undesignated gift to the Foundation. These Awards are available to Clubs and Districts who wish to recognise and honour an Individual or Group, including non – lions.
- The Trustee for the Australian Lions Foundation ABN: 41 413 803 073