“Steel time to See Change” in Newcastle NSW 63rd MD201 Convention 1st – 4th May 2015
Members and their partners or guests are invited to our Lions Clubs National Convention in Newcastle 1 – 4 May 2015. We invite you to visit exhibits across a wide range of Lions Clubs’ non-profit national and international service initiatives.
Enjoy entertainment, and the opportunity to come together to meet and greet each other, review achievements and plan the year ahead.
Latest Convention Newsletter Newcastle Convention Newsletter April 2015
Your feedback is valuable. Let us know your thoughts. Please fill in the Newcastle Convention Survey
What will be different about the Newcastle Convention?
- A convention for the everyday Lion – not just the “hierarchy”
- Club-hosted home hospitality (for the first-in registrants) on the eve of the Convention
- District dinners in multiple rooms at one venue
- Accommodation, dining, cultural and tourism choices in close proximity to the convention venue
- Free inner-city bus and or Park’n’Ride shuttlebus for daytime convention sessions
- Pre-purchased night-time social-function bus pass will cover three nights return bus transport to social program for city-accommodated conventioneers.
- Optional online registration & payment (Hospitality bookings now closed)
Where is it to be held?
The convention will be held at Newcastle’s Civic Theatre and the adjacent City Hall, located in the heart of the Newcastle Civic Cultural Precinct, opposite Civic Park and within close proximity to public transport, accommodation, the CBD, Honeysuckle and parking.
- Newcastle City Hall 290 King St. Registration commences Thur 30 April, displays, some functions
- The Civic Theatre 375 Hunter St. Plenary business & ceremony sessions & Friday or Saturday check-in.
- Social functions also in nearby suburbs of Broadmeadow, New Lambton & CityWest
Map – link to online map which shows Civic Convention location and social function locations
Convention Program – Newcastle Convention Program The program is a broad outline summary of the proposed convention program. A detailed full program is here and will be included in the book distributed at registration Additional information about social functions is listed here and locations are marked on the convention map. Several functions have limited numbers (shown with asterisk* on registration form). Tickets for these functions will be sold on a first-in & paid basis. Hospitality bookings have now closed.
Registration – You must register to be recognised as an official conventioneer. There is no registration fee to attend the business of the convention, but attendance at social functions is by pre-purchased tickets. Function Ticket Sales closed on 10th April. You can still register to attend the convention excluding social functions. Visit our Registration Page
Travel and Accommodation – Travel to Newcastle by Air, rail or road and stay in a wide choice of accommodation. Visit our Travel and Accommodation page
Getting Around Newcastle and Tourism – Here is a page of tips about parking, public transport, social functions and Tourism. Visit our Getting Around Newcastle and Tourism page
Convention Committee Chairman PCC Keith Parry, Secretary PDG Ann Ryan General
Registrar (Only for enquiries regarding already-submitted registrations) firstname.lastname@example.org