Peace Poster Contest – “Peace, Love and Understanding”
Peace, Love and Understanding is the theme of the 2014–2015 Peace Poster Contest. Lions Clubs can sponsor the program in their community for children in local schools or organised youth groups.
Students who will be 11, 12 or 13 years of age on November 15th 2014 are eligible to participate. Through the contest students are encouraged to visually depict their interpretation of the contest’s theme.
Each year a different theme incorporating Peace is chosen.
Twenty four international finalists are selected to represent the work of more than 350,000 young participants from around 75 countries worldwide. Since 1988 more than 3.6 million children have participated.
To find out more, contact your local Lions Club or visit the 6 links below:
Peace Poster Contest – “Peace, Love and Understanding”
This is the theme of the 2014 – 2015 Peace Poster Contest. Lions Clubs can sponsor the program in their community for children in local schools or organised youth groups.
Students who will be 11, 12 or 13 years of age on November 15th 2014 are eligible to participate.
Through the contest students are encouraged to visually depict their interpretation of the contest’s theme. Each year a different theme incorporating Peace is chosen. Twenty four international finalists are selected to represent the work of more than 350,000 young participants from around 75 countries worldwide. Since 1988 more than 3.6 million children have participated.
Encouraging Youth: Each year since 1988 Lions Clubs around the world proudly sponsor the Lions Clubs International Peace Poster Contest in local schools and youth groups, encouraging young people to artistically express their vision of peace as well as expressing in words what peace means.
Promoting the Arts : Participants use a variety of mediums including charcoal, crayon, pencil and paint to express a new theme developed each year to spark their imagination. The works created are unique and express the young artist’s life experience and culture.
Kits for Peace Poster Contest:
Lions Clubs may purchase a contest kit from Club Supplies at Newcastle Office Click Here to order online.
|Additional Resources For Lions Clubs|
|Honorable Mention certificate|
One kit must be purchased for each contest and must be sponsored by a Lions Club. A Club can sponsor more than one school or youth group or multiple contests within the school or youth group (i.e. one per year level)
Each poster is judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme Posters advance through several judging levels; local, district, multiple district and international. At the international level, judges from the art, peace, youth and media communities select one grand prize winner and 23 merit award winners.
One international grand prize winner receives a trip to an award ceremony where he/she will receive US$5,000 (or local equivalent) and an award. Two family members and the sponsoring Lions Club President or a club member, (designated by the President) will accompany the winner to the award ceremony. 23 Merit Award winners each receive US$500 and a Certificate of Achievement.
Entries not meeting the rules and conditions listed below will be disqualified
- Only a Lions Club can sponsor the contest in a local school(s) or organised, sponsored youth group(s), such as YMCA programs, Boys and Girls Clubs. Scouts, etc. A Lioness Club can sponsor the contest through its sponsoring Lions Club. Note: The contest cannot be held in youth groups that a Lions Club sponsors, such as a Leo Club. However individual members of those groups may participate if the contest is held at their school or other organised youth group.
- Contest was open to students who were 11, 12 or 13 years of age on November 15th 2014
- The Contest theme for 2014 – 2015 is “Peace, Love and Understanding”
- Artwork must be no smaller than 33cm by 50cm and no larger than 50cm by 60cm. Do not mat or frame artwork Entries which do not meet deadlines will be disqualified.
- Only one entry per student and each entry must be the work of only one student.
- All artwork must be the individual student’s original creation, duplications are not accepted
- All media are accepted. Note: Chalk, charcoal and pastel entries should be sealed with a fixative spray to prevent smearing. Do not laminate entries
- Three dimensional entries will not be accepted – nothing may be glued, stapled or attached to the artwork in any way.
- The use of lettering or numbering on the front of the poster, in any language, is not allowed. All artist signatures or initials should be written on the back of the poster
- Artwork should be done on a flexible material so it can be rolled for shipping in a mailing tube. Do not fold poster.
Participants accept all responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or illegible entries. Entries sent with insufficient postage will be disqualified. Lions Clubs International is not responsible for entries damaged, destroyed or lost during the judging process. Entries cannot be acknowledged or returned; they become the property of Lions Clubs International upon receipt. Peace Poster Contest images cannot be used without written permission from Lions Clubs International.
In consideration for the opportunity to enter the Peace Poster Contest, participants agree to allow Lions Clubs International to use their names and photographs for promotional and publicity purposes. The international grand prize winner travels to an award ceremony where he/she will receive US$5,000 (or local equivalent) and an award. Two family members and the sponsoring Lions Club President or a club member, (designated by the President) will accompany the winner to the award ceremony. An international grand prize winner is not eligible to receive subsequent prizes in Peace Poster contests sponsored by Lions Clubs International. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Lions Clubs International.
Lions Clubs International may cancel the contest without notice at any time. The contest is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
An appropriate individual such as the school principal, youth group leader, local artist or a panel of judges may select the winning poster.
Posters are to be evaluated on three criteria at each level of judging. The criteria are originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme, ” Peace, Love and Understanding ”
Only one poster can be selected, per contest sponsored, to advance to the next level of judging. A club sponsoring more than one school or youth group or multiple contests within the same school (by purchasing more than one kit) will send one poster for each contest sponsored to the next level of judging. Posters selected must meet all the requirements outlined in the Contest Rules and Conditions. Posters not meeting these specifications will be disqualified.
Forward Winning Poster: After the winning poster is selected, it must be prepared and forwarded to the next level of judging. Clubs who have purchased more than one kit, will forward a winning poster for each kit purchased.
- Complete sections I and II on the winner sticker. Be sure to fill out all the information requested. Affix sticker to the back lower right hand corner of the poster .Posters without the completed winner sticker will be disqualified. No reproductions of the sticker are permitted.
- To ensure the poster arrives at the next level of judging in good condition, roll the poster and send in a mailing tube. Do not fold the poster.
- Clubs are responsible for the cost of postage/shipping, neither District, Multiple District or International Headquarters will reimburse this cost.
- Send the poster to your District Governor for District judging – entries must be postmarked on or before November 15th 2014
- Follow up with your District Governor to make sure that he/she received your Club’s poster.
- Any Club failing to submit its winning entry by the due date will be disqualified.
- January 15th 2014 – Kits go on sale from Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters
- February 1st 2014 – Kits will be available from National Office Club supplies Newcastle.
- October 1st 2014 – Deadline to purchase kits from the Club Supplies Sales Department at LCI
- November 15th 2014 – Postmark deadline for a Club to send one winning poster (per contest sponsored) to your District Governor.
- December 1st 2014 – Postmark deadline for the District Governor to send to Peace Poster Chairperson PDG Helen Campbell, PO Box 16 Essendon Vic 3040.
- December 15th 2014 – Postmark deadline for the Multiple District Council Chairman to send the winning National poster to the Public Relations Department at LCI.
- February 1st 2015 – International Winners will be notified on or before this date
The Peace Poster Contest Kit contains all the materials needed to sponsor the contest in a school or youth group, including complete rules, promotional material and recognition certificates for participants. One kit is needed for each contest sponsored. Kits are sold from 1st February through to 1st October. Cost $20.00 per kit. Orders received after October 1st will not be processed.
For further details of the contest, contact your District Chairman listed below.
National Peace Poster Contest Chair
- PDG Helen Campbell 03 9304 4028 or 0419 586262 email@example.com
- C1 Carol Kennedy 08 8271 7740 or 0401 060627 firstname.lastname@example.org
- C2 Willy Weidenhofer 08 8583 6086 or 0428 148746 email@example.com
- N1 Robyn Robertson 02 6553 7146 or 0409 126898 firstname.lastname@example.org
- N2 June Ceritei 02 6297 3889 or 0417 680250 email@example.com
- N3 Helena Hodgson 02 4937 4363 or 0407 934718 firstname.lastname@example.org
- N4 Neil Lambert 02 6852 2771 or 0428 522771 email@example.com
- N5 John Chate 02 9570 4188 or 0438 704188 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q1 Beverley Drysdale 0405 496 922 email@example.com
- Q2 Peter Phillips 07 4777 1248 or 0437 391281 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q3 Carmel Goldsworthy 07 4635 6487 or 0448 629313 email@example.com
- Q4 Tba
- T1 Tba
- V1-4 Melissa Tung 03 9841 7063 or 0438 220201 firstname.lastname@example.org
- V2 Sam Lochhead 03 5250 1678 or 0438 501678 email@example.com
- V3 David Culpitt 03 5979 3955 or 0418 837637 firstname.lastname@example.org
- V5 Georgina Kambouris 03 9589 7775 or 0419 578089 email@example.com
- V6 Neil Campbell PDG 03 5721 5803 firstname.lastname@example.org
- W1 Carolyn Middleton 08 9592 5211 or 0408 815091 email@example.com
- W2 Robert Dedman 08 9527 1231 firstname.lastname@example.org