Peace Poster Winners 2017
To find out more, contact your local Lions Club or visit the 6 links below:
Celebrating 31 Years of Peace
For the last 31 years Lions clubs around the world have proudly sponsored the Lions International Peace Poster Contest in local schools and youth groups. This art contest for kids encourages young people worldwide to express their visions of peace.
The theme of the 2018-2019 Peace Poster Contest is “Kindness Matters”
Students, ages 11, 12 or 13 as of November 15, are eligible to participate.
Through the contest students are encouraged to visually depict their interpretation of the contest’s theme. Each year a different theme incorporating Peace is chosen. Twenty four international finalists are selected to represent the work of more than 600,000 young participants from around 60 countries worldwide. Since 1988 more than 3.6 million children have participated.
Encouraging Youth: Each year since 1988 Lions Clubs around the world proudly sponsor the Lions Clubs International Peace Poster Contest in local schools and youth groups, encouraging young people to artistically express their vision of peace as well as expressing in words what peace means.
Promoting the Arts : Participants use a variety of mediums including charcoal, crayon, pencil and paint to express a new theme developed each year to spark their imagination. The works created are unique and express the young artist’s life experience and culture.
Kits for Peace Poster Contest:
Lions Clubs may purchase a contest kit from Club Supplies at Newcastle Office Click Here to order online.
Kits available from February to 7 October each year. Please note all Peace Poster kit purchases are non refundable.
|Additional Resources For Lions Clubs|
|Peace Poster Honourable Mention Certificate|
One kit must be purchased for each contest and must be sponsored by a Lions Club. A Club can sponsor more than one school or youth group or multiple contests within the school or youth group (i.e. one per year level)
Each poster is judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme Posters advance through several judging levels; local, district, multiple district and international. At the international level, judges from the art, peace, youth and media communities select one grand prize winner and 23 merit award winners.
One international grand prize winner receives a trip to an award ceremony where he/she will receive US$5,000 (or local equivalent) and an award. Two family members and the sponsoring Lions Club President or a club member, (designated by the President) will accompany the winner to the award ceremony. 23 Merit Award winners each receive US$500 and a Certificate of Achievement.
Entries not meeting the rules and conditions listed below will be disqualified
- Only a Lions Club can sponsor the contest in a local school(s) or organised, sponsored youth group(s), such as YMCA programs, Boys and Girls Clubs. Scouts, etc. A Lioness Club can sponsor the contest through its sponsoring Lions Club. Note: The contest cannot be held in youth groups that a Lions Club sponsors, such as a Leo Club. However individual members of those groups may participate if the contest is held at their school or other organised youth group.
- Contest was open to students who were 11, 12 or 13 years of age on November 15th 2018
- The Contest theme for 2018 – 2019 is “Kindness Matters”
- Artwork must be no smaller than 33cm by 50cm and no larger than 50cm by 60cm. Do not mat or frame artwork Entries which do not meet deadlines will be disqualified.
- Only one entry per student and each entry must be the work of only one student.
- All artwork must be the individual student’s original creation, duplications are not accepted
- All media are accepted. Note: Chalk, charcoal and pastel entries should be sealed with a fixative spray to prevent smearing. Do not laminate entries
- Three dimensional entries will not be accepted – nothing may be glued, stapled or attached to the artwork in any way.
- The use of lettering or numbering on the front of the poster, in any language, is not allowed. All artist signatures or initials should be written on the back of the poster
- Artwork should be done on a flexible material so it can be rolled for shipping in a mailing tube. Do not fold poster.
Participants accept all responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or illegible entries. Entries sent with insufficient postage will be disqualified. Lions Clubs International is not responsible for entries damaged, destroyed or lost during the judging process. Entries cannot be acknowledged or returned; they become the property of Lions Clubs International upon receipt. Peace Poster Contest images cannot be used without written permission from Lions Clubs International.
In consideration for the opportunity to enter the Peace Poster Contest, participants agree to allow Lions Clubs International to use their names and photographs for promotional and publicity purposes. The international grand prize winner travels to an award ceremony where he/she will receive US$5,000 (or local equivalent) and an award. Two family members and the sponsoring Lions Club President or a club member, (designated by the President) will accompany the winner to the award ceremony. An international grand prize winner is not eligible to receive subsequent prizes in Peace Poster contests sponsored by Lions Clubs International. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Lions Clubs International.
Lions Clubs International may cancel the contest without notice at any time. The contest is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
An appropriate individual such as the school principal, youth group leader, local artist or a panel of judges may select the winning poster.
Posters are to be evaluated on three criteria at each level of judging. The criteria are originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme, “Kindness Matters“
Only one poster can be selected, per contest sponsored, to advance to the next level of judging. A club sponsoring more than one school or youth group or multiple contests within the same school (by purchasing more than one kit) will send one poster for each contest sponsored to the next level of judging. Posters selected must meet all the requirements outlined in the Contest Rules and Conditions. Posters not meeting these specifications will be disqualified.
Forward Winning Poster: After the winning poster is selected, it must be prepared and forwarded to the next level of judging. Clubs who have purchased more than one kit, will forward a winning poster for each kit purchased.
- Complete sections I and II on the winner sticker. Be sure to fill out all the information requested. Affix sticker to the back lower right hand corner of the poster .Posters without the completed winner sticker will be disqualified. No reproductions of the sticker are permitted.
- To ensure the poster arrives at the next level of judging in good condition, roll the poster and send in a mailing tube. Do not fold the poster.
- Clubs are responsible for the cost of postage/shipping, neither District, Multiple District or International Headquarters will reimburse this cost.
- Send the poster to your District Governor for District judging – entries must be postmarked on or before November 15th 2018
- Follow up with your District Governor to make sure that he/she received your Club’s poster.
- Any Club failing to submit its winning entry by the due date will be disqualified.
- January 15th 2018 – Kits go on sale from Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters
- February 1st 2018 – Kits will be available from National Office Newcastle Club Supplies subject to freight arrival dates.
- October 1st 2018 – Deadline to purchase Kits from LCI Club Supplies Sales Department.
- October 7th 2018 – Deadline to purchase Kits from National Office Newcastle Club Supplies.
- November 15th 2018 – Postmark deadline for a Club to send one winning poster (per contest sponsored) to your District Governor.
- December 1st 2018 – Postmark deadline for the District Governor to send District winning Poster to National Peace Poster Chair PDG Helen Campbell, PO Box 16 Essendon Vic 3040.
- December 15th 2018 – Postmark deadline for National Peace Poster Chair to send winning National Poster to the Public Relations Department at LCI.
- February 1st 2019 – International Winners will be notified on or before this date
The Peace Poster Contest Kit contains all the materials needed to sponsor the contest in a school or youth group, including Rules and Conditions, promotional material and recognition certificates for participants. One kit is needed for each contest sponsored. MD 201 Peace Poster Kits are sold from February 1st to October 7th . Orders received after October 7th will not be processed. Cost $25.00 per. Kit. Kits are are non-refundable.
For further details of the contest, contact your District Chair listed below.
National Peace Poster Contest Chair
- PDG Helen Campbell 0419 586 262 firstname.lastname@example.org
- C1 Helen Martin 08 8853 2183 or 0417 846 910 email@example.com
- C2 Theresa Andrew 08 8582 4638 or 0417 454 963 firstname.lastname@example.org
- N1 Kel Kearns 0439 427 822 email@example.com
- N2 Nicola Gray 0404 391 136 firstname.lastname@example.org
- N3 Wendy Jones 02 4358 8634 or 0438 588 634 email@example.com
- N4 Neil Lambert 02 6852 2771 or 0428 522 771 firstname.lastname@example.org
- N5 John Chate 02 9570 4188 or 0438 704 188 email@example.com
- Q1 Lyndon Kurth 07 3398 9730 or 0416 036 252 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q2 Rachel Davey 07 4033 6957 or 0487 687191 email@example.com
- Q3 Desley Kelso 07 3851 3249 or 0412 097 670 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q4 Frank Douglas 07 4928 7960 or 0411 634 650 email@example.com
- T1 Dawn Gatehouse 03 6265 2366 or 0438 652 366 firstname.lastname@example.org
- V1-4 Helen Campbell PDG 0419 586 262 email@example.com
- V2 Tricia Hull 03 9398 6196 or 0410 637 092 firstname.lastname@example.org
- V3 Pauline Spry 03 9700 1687 or 0438 700 168 email@example.com
- V5 Georgina Kambouris 0419 578 089 firstname.lastname@example.org
- V6 Neil Campbell PDG 03 5721 5803 email@example.com
- W1 Mal Miskelly 08 9243 1303 or 0409 680 811 firstname.lastname@example.org
- W2 Jane Oversby 0427 673 002 email@example.com