Peace Poster Contest – “Our World, Our Future”
Our World, Our Future is the theme of the 2013–2014 Peace Poster Contest. Lions Clubs can sponsor the program in their community for children in local schools or organised youth groups.
Students who will be 11, 12 or 13 years of age on November 15th 2013 are eligible to participate. Through the contest students are encouraged to visually depict their interpretation of the contest’s theme. Each year a different theme incorporating Peace is chosen.
Twenty four international finalists are selected to represent the work of more than 350,000 young participants from around 75 countries worldwide. Since 1988 more than 3.6 million children have participated.
To find out more, contact your local Lions Club or visit the 6 links below:
Peace Poster Contest – “Our World, Our Future”
This is the theme of the 2013 – 2014 Peace Poster Contest. Lions Clubs can sponsor the program in their community for children in local schools or organised youth groups.
Students who will be 11, 12 or 13 years of age on November 15th 2013 are eligible to participate.
Through the contest students are encouraged to visually depict their interpretation of the contest’s theme. Each year a different theme incorporating Peace is chosen. Twenty four international finalists are selected to represent the work of more than 350,000 young participants from around 75 countries worldwide.
Since 1988 more than 3.6 million children have participated.
Encouraging Youth: Each year since 1988 Lions Clubs around the world proudly sponsor the Lions Clubs International Peace Poster Contest in local schools and youth groups, encouraging young people to artistically express their vision of peace as well as expressing in words what peace means.
Promoting the Arts : Participants use a variety of mediums including charcoal, crayon, pencil and paint to express a new theme developed each year to spark their imagination. The works created are unique and express the young artist’s life experience and culture.
Spreading Peace and International Understanding,
Among the Peoples of the World
Kits for Peace Poster Contest:
Lions Clubs may purchase a contest kit from Club Supplies at Newcastle Office Click Here to order online.
One kit must be purchased for each contest and must be sponsored by a Lions Club. A Club can sponsor more than one school or youth group or multiple contests within the school or youth group (i.e. one per year level)
Each poster is judged on originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme Posters advance through several judging levels; local, district, multiple district and international. At the international level, judges from the art, peace, youth and media communities select one grand prize winner and 23 merit award winners.
One international grand prize winner will receive a trip to a special award ceremony with the sponsoring Club president and two family members to Lions with United Nations day in New York City where the winning artist will be presented with an engraved plaque and a cash prize of US$5,000. The 23 Merit Award winners will each receive US$500 and a Certificate of Achievement.
Entries not meeting the rules and conditions listed below will be disqualified
- Only a Lions Club can sponsor the contest in a local school(s) or organised, sponsored youth group(s), such as YMCA programs, Boys and Girls Clubs. Scouts, etc. A Lioness Club can sponsor the contest through its sponsoring Lions Club. Note: The contest cannot be held in youth groups that a Lions Club sponsors, such as a Leo Club. However individual members of those groups may participate if the contest is held at their school or other organised youth group.
- Contest is open to students who will be 11, 12 or 13 years of age on November 15th 2013
- The Contest theme for 2013 – 2014 is “Our World, Our Future”
- Artwork must be no smaller than 33cm by 50cm and no larger than 50cm by 60cm. Do not mat or frame artwork Entries which do not meet deadlines will be disqualified.
- Only one entry per student and each entry must be the work of only one student. • All artwork must be the individual student’s original creation, duplications are not accepted
- All media are accepted. Note: Chalk, charcoal and pastel entries should be sealed with a fixative spray to prevent smearing. Do not laminate entries
- Three dimensional entries will not be accepted – nothing may be glued, stapled or attached to the artwork in any way.
- The use of lettering or numbering on the front of the poster, in any language, is not allowed. All artist signatures or initials should be written on the back of the poster
- Artwork should be done on a flexible material so it can be rolled for shipping in a mailing tube. Do not fold poster.
Participants accept all responsibility for late, lost, misdirected or illegible entries. Entries sent with insufficient postage will be disqualified. Lions Clubs International is not responsible for entries damaged, destroyed or lost during the judging process. Entries cannot be acknowledged or returned; they become the property of Lions Clubs International upon receipt. Peace Poster Contest images cannot be used without written permission from Lions Clubs International.
In consideration for the opportunity to enter the Peace Poster Contest, participants agree to allow Lions Clubs International to use their names and photographs for promotional and publicity purposes. In addition the international grand prize winner, two family members(one being a parent or legal guardian) and the sponsoring Club President or a Club Member (as designated by the sponsoring Club President) are required to attend the award ceremony at Lions Day with the United Nations in New York City, New York, USA (subject to change). An international grand prize winner is not eligible to receive subsequent prizes in Peace Poster contests sponsored by Lions Clubs International. By entering, participants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Lions Clubs International.
Lions Clubs International may cancel the contest without notice at any time. The contest is void where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law.
An appropriate individual such as the school principal, youth group leader, local artist or a panel of judges may select the winning poster.
Posters are to be evaluated on three criteria at each level of judging. The criteria are originality, artistic merit and expression of the theme, ” Our World, Our Future ”
Only one poster can be selected, per contest sponsored, to advance to the next level of judging. A club sponsoring more than one school or youth group or multiple contests within the same school (by purchasing more than one kit) will send one poster for each contest sponsored to the next level of judging. Posters selected must meet all the requirements outlined in the Contest Rules and Conditions. Posters not meeting these specifications will be disqualified.
Forward Winning Poster: After the winning poster is selected, it must be prepared and forwarded to the next level of judging. Clubs who have purchased more than one kit, will forward a winning poster for each kit purchased.
- Complete sections I and II on the winner sticker. Be sure to fill out all the information requested. Affix sticker to the back lower right hand corner of the poster .Posters without the completed winner sticker will be disqualified. No reproductions of the sticker are permitted.
- To ensure the poster arrives at the next level of judging in good condition, roll the poster and send in a mailing tube. Do not fold the poster.
- Clubs are responsible for the cost of postage/shipping, neither District, Multiple District or International Headquarters will reimburse this cost.
- Send the poster to your District Governor for District judging – entries must be postmarked on or before November 15th 2013
- Follow up with your District Governor to make sure that he/she received your Club’s poster.
- Any Club failing to submit its winning entry by the due date will be disqualified.
January 15th 2013
Kits go on sale from Club Supplies Sales Department at International Headquarters
February 1st 2013
Kits will be available from National Office Club supplies Newcastle.
October 1st 2013
Deadline to purchase kits from the Club Supplies Sales Department at LCI
November 15th 2013
Postmark deadline for a Club to send one winning poster (per contest sponsored) to your District Governor.
December 1st 2013
Postmark deadline for the District Governor to send or give the winning District poster to the Multiple District Council Chairman.
December 15th 2013
Postmark deadline for the Multiple District Council Chairman to send the winning National poster to the Public Relations Department at LCI.
February 1st 2014
International Winners will be notified on or before this date
Peace Poster Award ceremony at Lions Day with the United Nations. Note: Entries that do not meet deadlines will be disqualified.
The Peace Poster Contest Kit contains all the materials needed to sponsor the contest in a school or youth group, including complete rules, promotional material and recognition certificates for participants.
One kit is needed for each contest sponsored. Kits are sold from 1st February through to 1st October.
Cost $20.00 per kit. Orders received after October 1st will not be processed.
For further details of the contest, contact your District Chairman listed below.
Multiple District Chairman
PDG Helen Campbell
03 9386 7196
0419 586 262
|District Chairmen 2013-14|
|C1||Martin||PDG Tom||08 8853 283||0417 846 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|C2||Willy||Weidenhofer||08 8588 2937||0428 148 email@example.com|
|N1||Robertson||Robyn||02 6553 7146||0409 126 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|N2||Ceretti||June||02 6297 3889||0417 680 email@example.com|
|N4||Skipper||John||02 6922 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|N5||Chate||John||02 9570 4188||0438 704 email@example.com|
|Q1||Drysdale||Beverley||07 3711 9859||0466 151 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Q2||Phillips||Peter||07 4774 1375||0429 491 email@example.com|
|Q3||Alcock||Liz||07 3284 9415||0422 889 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Q4||Bauer||IPDG Pat||07 5482 5390||0429 496 email@example.com|
|T1||Brady||Wendy||03 6425 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|V1-4||Tung||Melissa||03 9841 7063||0438 220 email@example.com|
|V2||Lochhead||Sam||03 5250 1678||0438 501 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|V3||Culpitt||David||03 5983 8725||0418 837 email@example.com|
|V5||Moss||Rod||9808 6061||0419 590 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|V6||Campbell||PDG Neil||03 5721 email@example.com|
|W1||Middleton||Carolyn||08 9592 5211||0408 815 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|W2||Dedman||Robert||08 9527 email@example.com|