Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Foundation ALCCRF and Lions Cord Blood Foundation
1. Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Foundation ALCCRF
ALCCRF’s vision is 100% survival of kids with cancer.
Today survival rates average 80%. However, 800 children are diagnosed with cancer each year and we lose on average 3 each week
There is much work that still needs to be done, if one day we are to prevent all kids with cancer from dying.
ALCCRF provides funding to childhood cancer research conducted right across Australia which specifically targets improved survival rates.
For further information, visit the Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Foundation website
Australian Lions Childhood Cancer Research Foundation ABN 73 902 500 922
2. Lions Cord Blood Foundation
The Lions Cord Blood Foundation Inc. is managed by the Lions Club of Waverley Inc. V5.
The Objects of the Foundation are to provide funding for:
- The collection, storage and distribution of umbilical cord blood stem cells for transplantation primarily in children, in particular, those suffering from childhood leukaemia which is the most dominant form of cancer that children can suffer from.
- The scientific research of cancer treatments for children/adults through the Fight Cancer Foundation (previously the Bone Marrow Donor Institute) and by the Cord Blood research teams. Research is directed at improving the quality of the samples thereby improving the success rate of overcoming leukaemia and other blood disorders.
- Partial funding of a joint cord blood database used by Melbourne and Sydney Cord Blood Banks.
- Research into new applications for cord blood into such areas as cardiovascular diseases, cerebral palsy and other childhood diseases.
- Establishment of new types of cord blood stem cell banks to match new medical advancements like iPSC Haplobanks for the manufacture of cellular therapeutics for a wide range of degenerative disorders.
The Project assists financially in the continued operation of this Foundation, in particular, its commitment to the Fight Cancer Foundation, the Royal Children’s Hospital and the affiliated Angliss Hospital at Ferntree Gully and the Box Hill Hospital, as well as any other major Medical Centres as may be included from time to time.
The Foundation raises funds and awareness through guest speaking, The Lion magazine, District Newsletter articles, requests for disbursements from Lions & Lioness Clubs in the District of 201V5, all participating V Districts and Lions and Lioness Clubs throughout Australia.
Visit the Lions Cord Blood Foundation website
Lions Cord Blood Foundation Inc ABN: 91 048 667 604